Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ah Friday

I have had a really lazy day so far - as my holidays wind to a close many days have been like that
I have eaten brekky outside and had a read of my Tim Winton 'The Riders" book - great short stories. Decided what to have for dinner- got out recipe and defrosting meat. Checked the Scrap Cap forum and had a few posts there. Played with Nitro - he is on his 'bunjy cord' outside - will have to put up a photo of that so you know what I am referring to!!
I have nearly finished a LO - so will go get that completed in a minute.

Oh, now I remember why I was kinda hanging around home for the day ...My sister and her family have recently acquired a gorgeous 8 week old Golden Retriever pup and whilst they/she is loving the new addition to the family , she did say she had not thought it through quite as well as she should as it is like having a baby in the house - early mornings, trying to get him to settle for sleep at night, watching that he doesn't eat anything he shouldn't etc etc.

Anyway they are 'crate training' him - to sleep in a big cage overnight so that he can always sleep inside the house at night - apparently he can stay in their all night at this age - as that's what it is for - and just like a baby once he is in there no matter how much he cries you are meant to leave him there.
During the day he obviously cant stay out in the yard on his own and as they have a cat and 'house rabbits' he cant be left free roaming in the house either . You cant put them in the crate during the day for more than about 1-2 hours or he will see it as a negative thing . So my sister is feeling like she cant really go out anywhere for long - unless her husband is home - daughter is not old enough to stay on her own either.
So i offered to go over and' pup watch' today if she needed a few hours to get out and about. So far - 2:45 p.m. I haven't heard anything so it might be time to do something useful with my day !!

Tomorrow Craig and I are off to The Yarra Valley to A Day On The Green at a Winery, we saw Jimmy Barnes there last year and he was awesome. This time it's Leonard Cohen ( one of Craig's faves), Paul Kelly and The Blackeyed Susans. Staying the night at a motel in Mooroolbark and coming home some time on Sunday. I love the Yarra Valley so it should be a good weekend. If i take some photos I will post them when i get back

2 comments:

  1. firstly congrats on getting yourself a blog .....and OMG SHARON YOUR BOYS ARE SOOOO CUTE ....i just love kitties ...and your poor sister with the lab pup ...wish her well

    love your layouts ...keep up the great blogging

    ReplyDelete